Anúncio de Handpik

Fórum

5 posts

incorrect ascender/descender settings

26/03/2024 às 08:05

Hi dafont my font Dolce & Amyara was rejected because you said "incorrect ascender/descender settings" I have checked it few times but i can't find the problem you mentioned, i don't see my font is cropped and nothing problem with the ascender/descender. Could you tell me where the problem exactly is? thanks

13/05/2024 às 14:44

hishand studio disse  

Hi dafont my font Dolce & Amyara was rejected because you said "incorrect ascender/descender settings" I have checked it few times but i can't find the problem you mentioned, i don't see my font is cropped and nothing problem with the ascender/descender. Could you tell me where the problem exactly is? thanks

Hello, I have no relation to dafont, but try checking in notepad / ms word

15/05/2024 às 06:09

Plotomad disse  
hishand studio disse  

Hello, I have no relation to dafont, but try checking in notepad / ms word

thank you! already solved.

15/05/2024 às 20:16

The old school way that I set ascenders and descenders:

For the glyph frame which has the highest ascender, and the one with the lowest descender, I move the top and bottom bearings to the highest and lowest positions, then I create a tiny contour in the upper or lower corner where that X Axis position intersects with the Y Axis position for the right or left side bearing. I save the project file, then delete the tiny contours, and save again. To me, that's easier than calculating a numeric value.

16/05/2024 às 03:04

metaphasebrothel disse  
The old school way that I set ascenders and descenders:

For the glyph frame which has the highest ascender, and the one with the lowest descender, I move the top and bottom bearings to the highest and lowest positions, then I create a tiny contour in the upper or lower corner where that X Axis position intersects with the Y Axis position for the right or left side bearing. I save the project file, then delete the tiny contours, and save again. To me, that's easier than calculating a numeric value.

Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it!

Todos os horários são CEST. Agora são 04:42

Política de Privacidade  -  Contato